いらつしゃいませ!!

In Japan, when you enter a store or a restaurant or a home, the hosts will call out "いらつしゃいませ!"(Ira'shaimase), which means something like "Welcome!" "Come on in!" Which is what I say to you, new and old friends, as I share random thoughts and creations to whomever is interested.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Fun Birthday cards

 I don't ever buy cards anymore,
 I love the challenge of coming up with original cards
custom made for each person.

This kitten was actually painted without a slogan.
We had a contest at the Japan festival to caption it.
The winning caption was "Are you Kitten Me?"
But it wasn't til my cat loving friend had a birthday
that I figured out to add "You're how old?"
cat birthday card


A friend who looks to be very young (practically a teenager!!) was turning 50.
I looked up which animal was the oldest and
 found this 183 yr old tortoise named Jonathan.
Compared to him most of us are very young!!

50th birthday card

Turns out the koi lives to be very old as well (150+)
So, I painted this second card but liked the tortoise better
However, I now have a 50 yr old birthday card back up!

50th birthday card

The nautilus is a beautiful creature, quite delightful to paint.
You can literally see each year on its shell.
A great symbol to use for a birthday


nautilus birthday card


For a little girl who loves hello kitty,
a Hello Kitty etegami.
It looks so much more artistic than the real thing :)


little girl birthday card








No comments:

Post a Comment