いらつしゃいませ!!

In Japan, when you enter a store or a restaurant or a home, the hosts will call out "いらつしゃいませ!"(Ira'shaimase), which means something like "Welcome!" "Come on in!" Which is what I say to you, new and old friends, as I share random thoughts and creations to whomever is interested.

Monday, July 16, 2018

Encouragement

My favorite part of etegami is sending it to people who 
will be encouraged or uplifted in some way 
by the message and painting I send.

My favorite words of encouragement are: "Hang in there!"
Sometimes there is nothing else to say.
People are going through hard times and 
many times you can't say "Hope you get well" because often they won't.
But just to let them know you are thinking of them
 and are quite aware of what they are going through.
That is what is important.


Hang in there


All of these paintings are from real life photographs.
Some are rather humorous and the hope is that the recipient will smile.

The expression on this panda is probably familiar to many.
"What the heck have I gotten myself into???"

Hang in there

I think I have painted just about every photo that is available for animals hanging on!!

hang in thereHang in there
And then there are the times when the person is actually sick and
will most likely recover. Then I feel OK to send the traditional get well card
with the quintessential sad puppy eyes.



I didn't like how this one was turning out while I was making it,
but after it was done, from a little distance, it painted itself quite nicely.
get well etegami

I tried a very minimalist approach with this little puppy.
Just a sharpened chopstick outline and minimal paint.
Again, from a distance, very heart-warming.
get well etegami


Red-eyed tree frogs are fun to paint and seem to have a positive quality to them.
You can imagine someone smiling when seeing one of these.
best is yet to come quote

Even Snoopy is quotable!
keep looking up quote


No comments:

Post a Comment