いらつしゃいませ!!

In Japan, when you enter a store or a restaurant or a home, the hosts will call out "いらつしゃいませ!"(Ira'shaimase), which means something like "Welcome!" "Come on in!" Which is what I say to you, new and old friends, as I share random thoughts and creations to whomever is interested.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Run for the Roses


American Pharoah etegami


I don't watch sports much.  I love the Olympics but that's about it.  If you ask me, on Super Bowl Sunday, I might not even know which teams were playing.  But I have been drawn into this Triple Crown thing.. I think because it involves these beautiful horses.  And I watch the owners and trainers brushing them and giving them treats. And I watched this beautiful horse run as fast as he possibly could with hardly a nudge from his owner. I think he wanted to run and he wanted to win the race.

So today, having never attempted to even draw a horse ever before, I decided to etegami paint American Pharoah.  ALL of the other jockeys concurred, the best horse won the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment