いらつしゃいませ!!

In Japan, when you enter a store or a restaurant or a home, the hosts will call out "いらつしゃいませ!"(Ira'shaimase), which means something like "Welcome!" "Come on in!" Which is what I say to you, new and old friends, as I share random thoughts and creations to whomever is interested.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Furry Chickens



frizzle chicken etegami
I have a dear friend in Colorado who has started raising chickens.  Not just ordinary chickens but unusual, interesting chickens that I've never even heard of.  Like the frizzle. 

According to Wikipedia:
 The Frizzle is a breed of chicken with characteristic curled or frizzled plumage.

Her sister said of this chicken : I should check my lavender  mop to make sure it's not a chicken.

That just cracked me up and i had to paint an etegami of it!    My friend tells me she laughed out loud in the grocery store when she saw it.  How fun to send laughter in the mail!!






This is Fritz (my model).  He lives in a chicken paradise.  His buddies have this new luxury abode (see below) and he is sure to have fancy lodging as well. Can't wait to see what they look like when they grow up (Japanese Bantaam chickens). I will surely be painting more chickens in the months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment