いらつしゃいませ!!

In Japan, when you enter a store or a restaurant or a home, the hosts will call out "いらつしゃいませ!"(Ira'shaimase), which means something like "Welcome!" "Come on in!" Which is what I say to you, new and old friends, as I share random thoughts and creations to whomever is interested.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Muerten, Switzerland

Muerten, Switzerland


My Swiss blog will be out of order because I have had the hardest time trying to paint expansive landscapes and snow covered mountains.  These are not the normal subjects for etegami.  So, I am posting as the inspiration comes and here is Muerten, Switzerland.

Muerten etegami


Muerten is an enclosed Medieval city with the most beautiful rooftops. I tried to capture that beauty of the roofs in a more detailed than usual etegami. I used a newly ordered white gel pen to make the white window sashes.  So happy to have found this quote by Roman Paine...


So amazing that all of this still exists in good condition.
 You can walk around most of the city under a covered roof walkway in the wall. 
These walls were built, of course, for protection. It's hard to imagine all of the fighting, wars, invasions, etc that these ancient cities experienced.






Perhaps you can spot on this photo the roof that I painted.


Paulette,cousin Joerg, me and Dave under the walkway.
 So wonderful to have our own tour guide who is very knowledgeable and fun as well! 


Jastram etegami
Saw this bouquet of sunflowers (not real) at the restaurant and it was just so bright and cheerful on a rather dull, cloudy day. What a great way to cheer up!



 We were very "cozy" in Joerg's station wagon.
 But at least we all fit!! 
So we made the best of it and squeezed together like so...




No comments:

Post a Comment