いらつしゃいませ!!

In Japan, when you enter a store or a restaurant or a home, the hosts will call out "いらつしゃいませ!"(Ira'shaimase), which means something like "Welcome!" "Come on in!" Which is what I say to you, new and old friends, as I share random thoughts and creations to whomever is interested.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Lunch with friends

Lunch With Friends


lunch etegami

I have had many opportunities this summer to meet with friends and have lunch.  It is a wonderful thing, indeed, to just be with one other person and share stories, sadness, and joys. I made this etegami to send to a friend that I had lunch with but.. in the end, I had fallen in love with it and couldn't let go of it.  The mice just painted themselves, the eyes in particular.  It is the first time I have decided to keep one for myself but I know I must not make a habit of that. It certainly breaks the spirit of etegami!!

No comments:

Post a Comment