いらつしゃいませ!!

In Japan, when you enter a store or a restaurant or a home, the hosts will call out "いらつしゃいませ!"(Ira'shaimase), which means something like "Welcome!" "Come on in!" Which is what I say to you, new and old friends, as I share random thoughts and creations to whomever is interested.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why blog?



I've been thinking for some time about creating a blog and spewing forth creative words of thoughts swirling in this brain of mine. It probably started when my son was in the hospital ICU for 3 months with 3rd degree burns (3 years ago). Every night I went home and wrote for the Caringbridge site. It was a catharsis for me and many people commented that it was a good read as well. I didn't quite know what to do with the ladies at church who said it was "better than a soap opera" and went into withdrawal when I didn't write for a couple of days.
Well, nothing as dramatic as that happens in my life most days (knock on wood) but I do find amazing things happening every day and wanting to share them. I find myself posting too many pictures on Facebook of this and that and want to explore my thoughts in depth rather than 2 or 3 sentences. So here goes.
My name "ShizuokaGirl" comes from having lived in Japan, in Shizuoka in particular, for many years of my early life (age 4 to 17 ). That has had a profound effect on my life and helped to turn me into who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment